I haven't been on here in a couple months - I can hardly believe it. I can't believe how fast time goes and how so much can change!
We moved from FL to VA in July. We've been here in VA for almost a month now. We love our ward - I didn't think we would ever have as great of a ward as our FL ward, but I think this one is right up there. They are so warm, welcoming and friendly. We've been invited to dinners, hikes, book club, etc. It's been great. I love Blacksburg, it's so beautiful here! We are in a hick town - even though Virginia Tech is right here, it is a small town. No big stores at all. But, we only have to drive about 15 minutes over to the next town for the Target, Home Depot, etc. Living in the mountains is awesome - we have been hiking trails, having much cooler weather (yeah!) and it's just beautiful! TJ rides his bike to work, we live right next to the campus. I never have to drive more than 5 minutes to get anywhere I need to be (unless we need to go to the bigger town). It's really, really a great location here.
So, why am I having such a hard time? I've never felt like this before. I call my sister and cry all the time, I cry on my husband's shoulder all the time. I think this past month I actually have a very small insight into what people with depression might deal with. I have been so sad, and I don't know how else to explain it. It's not that I hate it here - because I don't. But, I miss my old life...a lot. I miss my beautiful house, my gym, my neighbors (and we have met awesome neighbors here!). I don't know what it is, but I haven't been dealing well with it at all. I'm so surprised because I've never had a hard time with any move we've ever made, but I have this time.
There have been so many changes in our lives these last couple months. I know change is good - but I'm having a hard time with it!! And I worry too much, I'm sure some of it is that. I worry about our house in FL and getting the renters in and making sure they are doing everything right, we have armadillos digging holes under the house in FL and we can't get rid of those things! They will ruin our foundation if we don't get rid of them!
I did join a gym here and I've been going a couple times a week - a far cry from my normal 6x/week I did in FL. I did go running last night with my neighbor who is also in my ward. We ran all over the VT campus - it was gorgeous. We did about 3 miles.
I *think* and I *hope* I am starting to feel better about all this and get out of this funk!
Anyways, sorry for the downer post! I hope you guys had a great summer! My kids went back to school yesterday and that was hard for me too!
Change can be so hard. I agree with you- moving can be difficult. Although this time I haven't been crying- I have felt a void of my "old" life. I hope that you start to feel better soon! Just make the best of it!
ReplyDeleteOh Melissa:( I'm so sorry that you've been struggling so much:( It's so hard when you get down as a Mom...because everyone in the house depends on you and that makes you feel even more down...because you don't even have time to defunk:)lol...you just feel like you have to keep going...discouraged or not. Satan KNOWS how important Mom's and Wives are and I think he works especially hard on us to make us feel "down" "discouraged", or "inadequate". Stay strong! I hope that you get to take a little time for yourself this week...or maybe get to go on a date with your hubby!!! Hang in there and before you know it...I bet you will be loving your new routine! BEST WISHES!!! OHHH and something I LOVE to read if I feel start feeling discouraged is Pres. Uchtdorf's "forget me not" talk. You can get the e-book FREE on amazon right now.:) luvs!
ReplyDelete