"And now, I ask, what great blessings has He bestowed upon us? Can ye tell?"
(Alma 26: 2)
What blessings has He bestowed upon you? Maybe it's simply that when you were cleaning up your child's puke you didn't get any on your shoes. (One less thing to clean up) Or maybe you said no to that piece of chocolate when it sounded oh, so good. Maybe you were REALLY tempted to bring home a fast food dinner because you had a long and stressful day, but instead you went home and made one yourself. Maybe you chose not to speak harshly to your child when they were really pushing your buttons. All of these things are little triumphs, and great blessings from Him.
While you're setting goals for yourselves and tracking your progress remember to count your blessings. Remember that a healthy lifestyle is not just about a healthy body but also a healthy spirit, a healthy mind, a healthy soul.
What do you do to keep your soul healthy? What great blessings has He given you? "Can ye tell?"
<3 you! That was a great post!
ReplyDeleteI have really been working on thinking only about the good in life this week. I have been reading the book The Magic and it is all about gratitude and how you attract things into your life based on your attitude (blessings if you are thankful, problems if you're a complainer). Instead of thinking that it stinks to have to put gas in my car again, I've tried to remind myself it's a blessing to do it because it means I have a car, etc.
We are so, so blessed and it is important to remember and be grateful for all those!
We often forget how out mental well-being affects our physical well-being. What a great reminder.
ReplyDeleteGod is good. I can't say it enough. I cherish those tender mercies that the Lord gives to me.
ReplyDeleteThank you for this post!