One of my "yearly" goals this year is to have a 6-pack by the end of the year. So I have been trying to focus on my core muscles mostly. Not that I really have that choice doing Jillian Michaels DVD's, she is ALWAYS doing core. Anyway, I am not as strong as Melissa (yet) but oh yeah baby, I can hold this ALL DAY long!
*Anyone have "tips" to get rid that flat tire around my waist? I hate it. And seriously I need to eat better. That is where I LACK, big time! I need some help in what I SHOULD eat vs. NOT TO eat. Any tips or helps would be muchly appreciated.
Good job Amber! I have to say I was up on my arm like you - then I used the other one because I could see my arm muscles better in the picture with my arm down - LOL!!
I have read a lot on the subject of eating/exercising/health and I have found that the only way to get rid of the love handles and spare tire (WHICH I LOATH!) is diet. No sugar, processed foods, etc. - I know, not fair! Your six pack is there, but the only way to let it be seen is to get all the junk off the top of it and the only way to get that done is to not eat all the bad stuff.
You look great Amber:) Cute picture:) My best advice for getting rid of tummy troubles is the same as Melissa said...unfortunately;)....it's ALL in the diet. We can exercise our little hearts out...but if our eating habits aren't good...we undo ANY and exercise that we are doing....and the six pack will never be able to make it's way to the surface.:( Crappy I know:)....It'll be worth it though!!! You can do it!!! You are off to such a GREAT start!!!! Good luck!
I ditto the food advice but also, in school I was taught that the best exercise to get rid of tummy fat is cardio - specifically running. I can't remember why though. The running will help decrease the fat and then the ab work will tone and strengthen the muscles. Also make sure that when you are working your core that your belly isn't pooching out. That will just give you a nicely rounded, strong belly! To get it flatter you need to use the transversus abdominis. You are doing both the running and core work and working on your diet so I really think you are doing great, it will just take time. Keep up the good work!
Good job Amber! I have to say I was up on my arm like you - then I used the other one because I could see my arm muscles better in the picture with my arm down - LOL!!
ReplyDeleteI have read a lot on the subject of eating/exercising/health and I have found that the only way to get rid of the love handles and spare tire (WHICH I LOATH!) is diet. No sugar, processed foods, etc. - I know, not fair! Your six pack is there, but the only way to let it be seen is to get all the junk off the top of it and the only way to get that done is to not eat all the bad stuff.
Thanks for the encouragement and love Melissa! I needed it.
DeleteYou look great Amber:) Cute picture:)
ReplyDeleteMy best advice for getting rid of tummy troubles is the same as Melissa said...unfortunately;)....it's ALL in the diet. We can exercise our little hearts out...but if our eating habits aren't good...we undo ANY and exercise that we are doing....and the six pack will never be able to make it's way to the surface.:( Crappy I know:)....It'll be worth it though!!! You can do it!!! You are off to such a GREAT start!!!! Good luck!
I ditto the food advice but also, in school I was taught that the best exercise to get rid of tummy fat is cardio - specifically running. I can't remember why though. The running will help decrease the fat and then the ab work will tone and strengthen the muscles. Also make sure that when you are working your core that your belly isn't pooching out. That will just give you a nicely rounded, strong belly! To get it flatter you need to use the transversus abdominis. You are doing both the running and core work and working on your diet so I really think you are doing great, it will just take time. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete