Breakfast- 1/2 cup Kashi lean crunch, 1/2 cup Bran flakes,1 cup 1% milk
After my Run Lunch- 1 serving Cream of the West 7 whole grains oatmeal, 1 piece of wheat bread topped with 1 tbs Strawberry Cream Cheese, and about 1/2 tsp Homeade Raspberry Jam. Water.
Dinner- 1 Grilled Cheese Sandwhich( made with about 1 oz. mozerrella cheese and wheat bread.), 1 cup Campbell's tomato soup. Water.
Snacks- 12 Almonds, Kashi TLC chewy granola bar, 1 large stalk of celery with 1 tbs creamy peanut butter, 5 True North Nut clusters.( Oh how I love those...and they are actually quite good for you;)
Exercise- I am so proud of myself....I did a 5 mile run today in 41 minutes. That's my BEST time ever:)....almost ready for that 10k!!! (a 10k is just over 6.2 miles...not as scary as it sounds:)lol
Water- 70 oz
Calories- 1509
Burned- 448
Myfitnesspal says I need to be consuming like 1745 healthy calories to maintain and not loose(and that's not counting having to add in the calories I burn when exercising)....struggling with this still. Unhealthy calories are ohhhhh so much easier:) .....Hard to get to my calorie goal and not pass the fats, carbs, and protein goal that it gives you. I can easily feel the calorie quota with yummies:)...In fact I did on Sunday:)....but how in the heck do I do it with just veggies when I'm STUFFED?? I have to eat quite a few carbs and protein with running..but sometimes it's hard to get as many as I need and not go over on the fats. Hmmmm. I'm going to be running quite a bit in the next couple of months...I'm running an 8.7 mile race in July...so I've GOT to figure out how to up my calories...yet eat well enough so my body is getting the right fuel I need. Hmmm...any suggestions are very welcome.:) I keep dropping down into being a little too close to the "underweight" line....and that's NOT what I want. I want to be HeAlthY! I usually bounce between 106 lbs and 108 lbs.....but when I start picking up running farther and harder distances(such as training for a race)...I tend to drop down into 105's and 104's.....which is borderline underweight for someone who is 5'3....Hmmmmm. Help:)
K, I was at Walmart the other day looking for Kashi. Where is it located in the store? Thanks.
ReplyDeleteIt should just be with the other cereals Amber..that's where it is in our store here....down by the other "Healthy Cereals"...the granola bars are usually by other granola bars...and they have meal bars by the protein/energy bar isles. Good luck! Hope you can find it! :)
DeleteI have a friend who is a big runner - this is her website:
ReplyDeletehttp://blonderunner.com/
I remember seeing her post this and thought it might help?? http://blonderunner.com/2012/02/book-review-the-feed-zone-cookbook-for-athletes-by-biju-thomas-allen-lim/
Maybe if you check it out from the library it would have some help for what to eat? I am obviously on the other end of the spectrum from you :) So, I don't know what to tell you, sorry! But, your run time was awesome!! Good job!
YOU ARE AN ANGEL! Thanks so much!! Can't wait to go and track that book down!!! SO excited!!!
Delete