{Purpose of Blog!}

MOTIVATIONAL. INSPIRING. ENCOURAGING. HELPFUL. CHALLENGES. FRIENDSHIPS. STRENGTH. COMPASSION. DEDICATION. HARD WORK. BALANCE.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sugar Cravings!

Okay- I've been studying more and more about kicking the sugar/sweets cravings.

This is what I have learned, I need to EAT MORE or DO:
  • PROTEIN.
  • VEGGIES.
  • FRUIT.
  • DO NOT SKIP MEALS, ESPECIALLY EAT BREAKFAST.
  • BRUSH TEETH.
  • MOUTHWASH.

These are some of the reasons we 'crave' sugar:
  • Menstrual Cycle (And I do know this is a FACT for me. Ugh!)
  • Addicted to it.
  • Tired.
  • Sad.

Now I want to hear from YOU, What has/does work for YOU?



3 comments:

  1. Just don't buy it so it's not in the house. Chew gum when you get a craving - or eat a tiny bit of honey - it's so sweet it might help. I can say that since I have cut back on my sugar I don't crave it near as much as I used to! I used to not believe people when they said that - or I thought it would never happen. But, I can honestly say it's true! You can do it!!! Believe in yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me drinking extra water works. I have noticed too that if I eat a meal high in protein then I don't crave it (not that I still don't want some, just the craving isn't there), now I know why, thanks. :) I have been doing awful on sugar lately though.

    In the past I have halved the amount of sugar in the recipes I use or sometimes just left it out completely. Usually you couldn't taste the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say ditto to the sugar free gum...that's what I use for those stubborn cravings:)

    ReplyDelete