{Purpose of Blog!}

MOTIVATIONAL. INSPIRING. ENCOURAGING. HELPFUL. CHALLENGES. FRIENDSHIPS. STRENGTH. COMPASSION. DEDICATION. HARD WORK. BALANCE.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Kami's Food Journal 5/18

Breakfast: 1 cup raisin bran, 1 cup soy milk
Lunch: Green smoothie, activia blueberry yogurt
Dinner: 1 1/2 servings of lasagna, 1/2 cup of green beans
Snacks: Jelly doughnut, 15 wheat thins, bowl of homemade chocolate ice cream with 4 fresh strawberries

Water: 64 oz

Exercise: 3 mile walk, 10 min abs, 30 min stretch

I feel like I did well this week.  I got 64 oz of water every day but Thursday, added more veggies to my meals, exercised every day but Monday, succeeded on no sweets Tues and Thursday (and I did a bit better on sweets this week than I have in a while), and posted my food journal.  I've been trying to change up my workouts a little to do more toning and that is going well.  I still need to take that exercise photo, my husband had a service thing this morning so hopefully I can take it when he gets home.

The sweet potato lasagna was from the Deceptively Delicious Cookbook.  I am still not sure if I liked it or not, I didn't mind the sweet potato in it but the rest of the recipe was lacking something.  I do have fun adding pureed veggies to meals though.  My husband and I both love veggies so it's been fun to put them in more recipes.  And, now my husband likes carrots!  It was the only veggie he didn't like but he eats them really well now, lol!

I am having a problem with water and am wondering if anyone else experienced this when they began drinking more water.  My belly is so FULL and quite distended.  I have been eating a little more than normal too and that may be the problem but I really feel water logged pretty much all day every day.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Did it go away after a while?  I do have some interesting digestive issues and I tend to digest everything slower than what is considered normal (which is one reason I have a hard time eating, I usually feel full), so I need to do a little research if it is just me.  Thank you for the help!

2 comments:

  1. Kami...You are doing well! I am so proud of YOU! With the water intake I haven't ever had a problem. I usually drink my first 32 ounces by lunchtime. Then after that start on my next 32 ounces...Good Luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look GREAT Kami! You might look at your sodium intake when it comes to feeling water logged. High amounts of sodium can cause retaining of water or...that feeling(bloated etc)...just a suggestion:) Hang in there! You're water intake will probably naturally increase during the summer months:)

    ReplyDelete