{Purpose of Blog!}

MOTIVATIONAL. INSPIRING. ENCOURAGING. HELPFUL. CHALLENGES. FRIENDSHIPS. STRENGTH. COMPASSION. DEDICATION. HARD WORK. BALANCE.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Kami's Food Journal 5/17

Breakfast: 1 cup raisin bran, 1 cup soy milk, 1 banana
Lunch: 4oz Activia Strawberry yogurt, 3 grape tomatoes
Dinner: 2 servings Lasagna (has sweet potato and cauliflower in it), 1/2 cup green beans

Water: 40 oz

Exercise: 35 min step aerobics, 10 min abs, 30 min stretch

Very busy day.  Forgot about lunch until 2 so I just grabbed some stuff I could eat quickly.  We ended up having an impromptu night at the Temple and stayed to help clean which is why I drank so little water.  Hopefully today goes better.

Heidi asked about Cassamiento.  It is a recipe from El Salvador that I got from a sister-in-law (I have no idea where she got it from though). 

1/2 pound of black beans cooked in advance or canned
1/2 pound of white rice, cooked
1 onion finely chopped
3 T soy sauce
1 t salt

Fry the onion very well for 5 min over low heat.  Add beans, salt and soy sauce and cook for 5 min.  Add the rice, mix well and cook another 5 min.

It is really good with pork but I didn't have any so I added chicken.  I usually flavor the meat with a little celery salt.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Kami!!! Sounds like a great fast recipe that could be used as a side dish or a main course!! YUMMY! I've never heard of sweet potato lasagna either! Do you like it better then regular or do you just use it as a healthy alternative? I LOVE sweet potatoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to El Salvador! But, I didn't eat this. Thanks for the recipe - I love new recipes!

    ReplyDelete