{Purpose of Blog!}

MOTIVATIONAL. INSPIRING. ENCOURAGING. HELPFUL. CHALLENGES. FRIENDSHIPS. STRENGTH. COMPASSION. DEDICATION. HARD WORK. BALANCE.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Melissa's Food Journal 4/18

Today wasn't great.  I volunteer in my 1st grader's classroom every Wednesday and Friday mornings, and I have a little bit of time to run errands before I rush off to my beloved BodyPump...I have no idea what happened today, but, I was running around not even paying attention to the time.  I got in the car after my
last errand and saw the time and couldn't believe it.  BodyPump was starting in 15 minutes and I was nowhere near my house or ready to go.  I was so upset I missed my class today!  So, I went home and read a book :)  I also had sugar....ugh I WILL do better tomorrow!

Breakfast: Grapefruit, Ezekiel 1/TBS almond butter
Lunch: White Chicken Chili, 5 tortilla chips 2 TBS reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
Snack: Pear, Green Smoothie
Dinner: Asian Glazed Thighs from here - I HIGHLY recommend this dinner - it was FABULOUS!  Easy and quick too and only 213 calories!  I did have 1/3 cup rice with it and frozen mixed vegetables.

The bad foods: 6 mini whopper eggs (47 cals), 2 Hershey's kisses (44 cals), 1 mini Lindt chocolate egg (30 cals), and 10 cheese-it crackers (50 cals)... total of 171 calories of total fat, sugar and salt I didn't need - ugh - that is almost a meal!  And, that's not even a full serving of any of it - I'm glad I didn't eat a full serving, but I think I went a little overboard!
Total calories for the day: 1509!  Holy cow! 
Calories burned: A big fat ZERO!

And, this is why I like to keep a food journal.  I kept thinking to myself today that what I had eaten wasn't all that bad.  Then I write it all down and got a shock - yes - it is bad! 

I hope everyone did better than me today :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry- but I like when you have a "bad" calorie day. It makes me feel not as bad when I have a bad day.

    Oh, well...You will do great tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give yourself a break Melissa :) Somedays we just need a little chocolate. AND IT'S OKAY!!!! That's what working out the next day is for! :) You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Heidi.
    LOL Amber! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete