{Purpose of Blog!}

MOTIVATIONAL. INSPIRING. ENCOURAGING. HELPFUL. CHALLENGES. FRIENDSHIPS. STRENGTH. COMPASSION. DEDICATION. HARD WORK. BALANCE.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Kami's Food Journal 4/18

Lunch: Activia 4 oz Strawberry Yogurt, Carrot, dried plum
Snack: 1 Turtle, Oats and Honey Granola Bar
Dinner: Oriental baked chicken - 1/2 chicken breast, 2 cups of rice, and 1 cup of green beans and peas.
Snack: 1 Turtle, Popcorn - I like my popcorn plain and I filled the air popper cup to 1/2 full, however that much is.

Water: 24 oz

It's a little weird because I fasted for part of the day.  I was planning on going to Zumba that evening but decided to stay home and get some much needed quality time with my man.  So, no exercise yesterday.  I'll only be getting 4 days of exercise now but that's okay.  I did manage to only have 2 pieces of candy!  Woohoo!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Your day looked yummy! :)

    Good job for only eating 2 pieces of candy! I am also praying for you! Much love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in a recipe for your Oriental Baked Chicken :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the recipe. It's from Allan's grandma, she was a really great cook. So far everything I've made from her has been amazing!

    3 T. soy sauce
    1/4 C. oil
    1 T. brown sugar
    1 T. lemon juice
    1/4 t. oregano
    1/4 t. pepper
    1/2 t. garlic powder
    Chicken

    Cut up the chicken and marinade them in the other ingredients for 1 hour. Drain the chicken and bake it skin side up for 1 hour at 350° F. Baste with marinade occasionally.
    Sarah B. Hepworth

    I always use boneless skinless chicken breasts and double the sauce to that there is more to put on the rice. :) Also, it is pretty oily so you can try halving the oil - I haven't tried that yet but am going to next time I make it.

    ReplyDelete