Okay, this is my first post on here! Thanks for the invite, Amber! I'm not that great at blogging so hopefully I'll be able to get on here often. I love working out and being active. But I also seem to need a goal to work towards to keep going. Love the idea of this blog to help keep me motivated!
I think for the most part my family and I eat healthy. I have four kiddos & we live in a tiny town where the temptation of fast food doesn't call. Which is probably good for me, but I also feel like we eat the same things over...and over.... and over!
One thing I've been trying to watch is calories from what we drink. I hardly drink pop but we have a lot of juice. And sometimes the sugar amount in juice is crazy! I've been looking for something I can feel good about my kids drinking. Here is the best one I've found so far ~ Old Orchard Healthy Balance ~ I found it at Smith's. When it goes on sale I stock up! :) This week their 64 oz. were on sale for $1.99.
For an 8 oz. serving of their Apple juice it's 25 calories, 5g sugar & 5g carbs. Others that I compared were 3 to 4 times that.
My kids don't usually drink 8 oz. at a time and I feel much better giving them this. I have active kids & I can tell pretty quickly after they have sweets/sugar... they get hyper! haha This is the best one I've found SO FAR. I'm sure I haven't looked at all the brands. Do any of you have any great brands you love? I'd like to hear them if you do! I added a link (hopefully it works!) so you can see the different flavors they offer in the Healthy Choice line & the calories/sugar content in them.
http://oldorchard.com/products/healthy-balance
And on another note... I can't add my picture on here. It will let me post but not change/add anything to the layout. Help! haha
You can now add your picture Carrie!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Amber! :)
DeleteWe are a non-juice family. I've just never liked the idea of the sugar that comes with juice. Sounds like this is a better choice than most juices, though! :)
ReplyDeleteWe don't do juice either. The kids know they get water only and a little bit of almond milk in the mornings. I will let them have juice if someone offers it to them at a friend's house or something like that - but we don't ever buy it.
ReplyDeleteIt's about time Carrie;)lol So glad you are joining us!!!! Luvs you!
ReplyDeletehaha! I know, right?! I need some motivation to get me in gear! :) Love ya!
DeleteOh and just a comment on the juice...I don't let my kids drink much at all either. I do let them have a little orange juice here and there...especially during cold/flu season. I do LOVE Kellogs Protein water mix Lemonade Care! ...and my kids love it too! It has 6g carbs 5g fiber 5g protein and NO sugar(Naturally sweetened...NO aspertame!!!) LOVE it! You can find it by the slim fasts or protein drinks. My kids love the kiwi strawberry flavor too!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Hide! I'll pick some up the next time I'm grocery shopping. We only have pop if Jays happens to buy it, which is rare. And we usually just have juice on the weekends when they aren't in school....but still! Drives me crazy seeing how much sugar is in them. I want something that is a "treat" for them, ya know, only without all the crap that comes with it. So this sounds like a good option, thank ya girly!
DeleteSure thing my friend:)lol
Delete