Today is the day I rest my body (I will be doing a little bit of physical therapy stuff that I forgot to do in the last couple of days though). Yesterday I remembered something that helped me to cut down on sweets a lot in the past. I'm going to try it again and see how it works out for me this time. Maybe it will help someone else too. Whenever I would feel like eating something sugary I drank a glass of water. That way I was getting the water that my body needed and my body was satisfied so that I no longer craved the sugar. Sounds simple but sometimes the simple things work out the best.
Update on my sugar intake: ate a piece of the egg pie that my husband made (sounds gross but it's a lot like flan), and some oatmeal crisp that was left over to put on top of the applesauce muffins I made for his breakfast this week. Not horrible but I really could have done without the crisp, it had a ton of brown sugar in it.
Today's goal: No sweets. One day without sweets isn't going to kill me! :)
Sometimes craving sugar means your body has a yeast imbalance. Try staying away from carbs besides sweets. Anything with sugar and yeast will feed the yeast overgrowth in your body, making it grow, and making you crave even more sugar.
ReplyDeleteThanks for that Rachael. I never would have known that.
ReplyDeleteKami Thanks for sharing these tips! Next time when you do a NO SWEETS DAY. Tell us the night before, because I would love to do that challenge.
ReplyDeleteThanks Amber and Rachael! That is a really great tip Rachael, I had no idea and I do tend to eat a lot of carbs...
ReplyDelete