{Purpose of Blog!}

MOTIVATIONAL. INSPIRING. ENCOURAGING. HELPFUL. CHALLENGES. FRIENDSHIPS. STRENGTH. COMPASSION. DEDICATION. HARD WORK. BALANCE.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Exercising Sweets

So, I hope you all just read the title and pictured a lollypop doing aerobics or a chocolate bar finishing a marathon (hehe). I joined this blog because I need a little bit of a push lately and knowing that I now have to post regularly on the progress I am making has already helped. I am going to be working on two things.

First, I had a surgery not too long ago and during recovery gained an inch on my waist and hips (ug), and I want to get rid of that inch. I have lost 1/4 inch in my waist and 1/2 in my hips which I am excited about but I still have a ways to go.

Second, I eat a LOT of sweets. That is really the only unhealthy eating habit I have, but boy is it a bad one. For example, a few weeks ago my sweet husband went to the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner and came home with 5 boxes of girl scout cookies. 5! He is a sucker for little girls smiles and when they asked him if he wanted some cookies he said, "Yes! Give me one box of each kind!" And then he watched their eyes get all wide and their smiles get big and it just made his day. What a cute man he is. Now, it's just him and me and he doesn't really like sugary things that much so I always eat most of the sweets. So in the next two weeks I ate 5 boxes of girl scout cookies, with the occasional help of my sweet man. Yikes. So, I am working on cutting the sweets.

Exercising has gone well this week. Monday I walked a couple of miles, Tuesday I did 30 minutes of weights, 30 minutes of Pilates, and a 20 min stretch, today it's aerobics.

Sweets hasn't gone so well. Sunday the chorister brought cookies to Choir practice and of course I had one and some M&Ms, Monday I had some M&Ms and some brownie batter (I made the brownies for a Relief Society activity, not for us), Tuesday I had more M&Ms, frosting for the brownies, and pudding at the RS activity. Today I have not had any sweets but it's only a little after 8:00am, I have a long day ahead of me. We'll see what happens. The good news is the M&Ms are almost gone. ;)

4 comments:

  1. I currently am trying no sweets (and fast food as well) Try to find foods that give you the sugar you crave, but in a healthy way. Having healthy food readily available is the key. Already cut up in the fridge or out on the counter. You are right though it is a struggle, but it seems like you have had some progress so far with losing, just keep trying. Everyday is a new day (I have to remind myself of that to). So don't get discouraged if you mess up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweets is one of my hardest things to cut out. And honestly I don't want to cut it out completely, but I want to have more self control over it.
    Keep going Kami! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously LOL picturing you with the all the M&M's :D

    ReplyDelete