{Purpose of Blog!}

MOTIVATIONAL. INSPIRING. ENCOURAGING. HELPFUL. CHALLENGES. FRIENDSHIPS. STRENGTH. COMPASSION. DEDICATION. HARD WORK. BALANCE.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Eating

My husband deployed on November 30.  As soon as I dried my eyes from all the crying and picked myself up off the floor, I knew I wanted to really change how my family eats.  I wanted to eat more vegetables, more whole grains, no processed foods and less meat (I am not in anyway against meat - I just wanted to eat less of it).  He has been gone for 103 days now (but who's counting) and I have officially lost 25lbs.  I almost can't believe it - except that all my clothes are practically falling off me.  I feel amazing!  I have not weighed this little in about 13-14 years.  I lost all that just by changing how I eat.  I've always worked out, but I KNOW that what we eat is the most important thing to focus on. 

One of my favorite sites I have found to make meals from is www.skinnytaste.com.  I really like how all her recipes have calories listed so I can track exactly how many calories I'm consuming.   Her Asian Glazed Drumsticks are amazing - I made them with chicken thighs.  Her Black Bean Soup is the best I've ever had and I loved her Spinach Lasagna Rolls.  I hope you find a new favorite low calorie recipe you like!

3 comments:

  1. So proud of you, friend!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You so much for sharing that with us. And WOW 25 pounds!?! That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this reminding! What you eat is so important! I am trying to remember that each day. I was vegetarian for two years and was so healthy at that time. I also felt great and so energetic. it is crazy what meat does tot he body. Moderation in all things is the key:)

    ReplyDelete