{Purpose of Blog!}

MOTIVATIONAL. INSPIRING. ENCOURAGING. HELPFUL. CHALLENGES. FRIENDSHIPS. STRENGTH. COMPASSION. DEDICATION. HARD WORK. BALANCE.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Melissas's Food Journal 5/14

Breakfast: Ezekiel w/1TBS almond butter, grapefruit
after workout snack: PB2 shake
Lunch: Sandwich Thin, 2oz turkey breast, spinach, laughing cow, 12 special K crackers
Dinner: Tasty Lentil Tacos, honeydew
Snack: 1/2C fat free cottage cheese, 1/2C peaches, 2 hershey's kisses
Calories: 1298
Workout: 1 hour bodypump, 1 hour bodycombat burned 915 calories

I've become a grapefruit snob.  If it says sunkist on the label, I'm not buying it.  I've been buying my grapefruits from Whole Foods for months now and they are amazing - sweet, juicy and just soooo yummy!  A few weeks ago, they had NO grapefruit.  So, I ran into the regular store and bought some.  YUCK!  They were sour and gross!  I've noticed Whole Foods carries grapefruit from a local farm just a few hours south of us - who knows where they sunkist ones come from - but I'm not buying them anymore, even if they are only .59¢ instead of $1.25 a piece!

As for my fresh fruit/vegetables I have in my house - I'm too lazy to go downstairs and check, but off the top of my head: grapefruit :), kiwi, sweet potatoes, bananas, celery, carrots, tomatoes, apples, limes, lemons, cabbage, spinach, baby lettuces, honeydew, peppers, and I know my kids finished off the last of the grapes and strawberries today.  I need to get to the store.

8 comments:

  1. Great Job! I LOVE grapefruit and this has given me a definite craving:) I've been lazy about putting my food journal on here...I feel like by the time I put it on mfp..I'm out of time...I enjoy seeing yours though and getting new ideas:) Thnks for being so great to post!
    OH and since you like to read...I stayed up and finished a cute book last night. It's called Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson. So cute. (I love regency period stuff;)...If you do too...you should read all of Sara M Eden's as well if you haven't:)...Guess i should have put that on your Goodreads account not here:)lol All well...so much to say so little time;)lol Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved Edenbrooke!!! I also read it about two weeks ago. I am reading the Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer now.

      Delete
    2. :) So excited that you are a Regency fan too:) yea!! Are you on Goodreads? That is a Heyer book I haven't read...let me know how you like it:)

      Delete
  2. I love regency period too - I'll put it on my list! I'm reading a really dumb teen book right now. I heard it was really good and I loved Twilight and I thought it would be like that. I don't know how anybody would let their teen read it! It's not very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that sooooo frustrating! I just read one called Graceling that I felt soooooo should not be labeled 14yrs and up! I ranted about it on Goodreads if you want to see my reveiw:)lol SOOO excited you like regency too. If you ever have any good recommendations for me I'd LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your review - I AGREE!!!!

      Delete
    2. :) Thanks Melissa :)...it always helps me to rant a bit..though i am still bothered by that book. Grrrrrr.

      Delete