Here's an interesting bit of information...I ate more calories for the last few days and lost 2 pounds! I am convinced if you are trying to loose - it's not the best idea to eat too little! It's hard to find that perfect balance! I don't think any of you are even trying to loose - am I the only one??!!
Breakfast: Grapefruit, Ezekiel toast w/1TBS almond butter, 1 egg - is it weird I can't wait for breakfast to eat this - it's almost the highlight of my day eating this meal :)
Lunch: Leftovers from the previous 2 dinners - a very small amount of Pasta Fagioli and a little bit of the Chicken Sausage, Escarole & Beans.
Snack: Banana and 6 oz of non-fat frozen yogurt
Dinner: This Low-Fat Baked Ziti w/Spinach - it was fantastic!!! So cheesy and yummy!
and I had a veggie side salad with it.
After dinner I also had one of my low fat chocolate cloud cookies - they are almost gone and I'll have to make more - it's the perfect amount of chocolate to get me through the day!
My calories was about 1551!
Got my 7 servings of fruits & veggies too!
No workout today :( Dentist appointments, early release from school, scouts and a RS presidency meeting and a TON of phone calls trying to figure out my house issues = no workout
Have a great rest of your day!
ETA: This is the pasta we use - I can't tell a difference that it's whole wheat - it tastes great. But, I also think I have weird children. They prefer brown rice to white - in fact almost refuse to eat white rice most the time.

GOOD JOB! Oh and I agree full heartedly!!! Over limiting calories is a very bad idea!!! Just like that article said that you shared last week(i think it was you wasn't it?;o)...our body goes into survival mode and stores FAT and eats our muscle! YUCK!! Who wants that?? GOOD JOB on getting more healthy calories into your diet and loosing weight!!! THAT MEANS YOU ARE LOOSING FAT NOT MUSCLE!! AWESOME! I must say though I am shocked that you are trying to loose weight. You look fAbUlouS in your picture on this blog! You don't look like you need to loose an oz.! Let alone 2 pounds!! How much are you trying to loose?
ReplyDeleteI think there are others trying to loose too..but i can't remember who for sure. I'm trying to maintain my weight but get more toned all while rehabilitating my knee from an old basketball injury. (It went out on me when I was prego with my last baby again...and still doesn't like to fully cooperate...it's starting to bother my other knee which is SUPER frustrating....anywho) Those are my goals for now. ( Well "health goals" that is:) Sorry that ended up being a super long answer didn't it. :)luvs.
I am totally going to try that Baked Ziti. Once my Swiss chard starts growing in the garden, I know it will be great in this recipe. Did you make it with the high fiber pasta? I'm looking to switch to better pasta and have had mixed success in finding one we like. I think we'll be mixing 50/50 regular pasta and whole wheat. What did you use?
ReplyDeleteThat is the same pasta I use Stephanie and it is delicious! I have blended it wih reg. pasta and used it that way too....my kids have never been able to tell the difference. Healthy Harvest makes all sorts of yummy pasta's!
DeleteI've used this pasta before too, and we like it!
DeleteOne more comment about pasta...one of the ladies I VT went without an oven for an entire year. She learned to use raw foods. She's lost nearly 60 pounds by doing this. Recently, they have gotten into using kelp noodles (in place of pasta) in spaghetti. Tonight I get to try the kelp noodles. I'll let you know what I think.
DeleteI have been reading A LOT of books and blogs/watching movies about going raw/vegan. I'm really interested in it - and I think I'd really like to swing that way. The thing that got me started was a lady at a Stake Relief Society thing was doing a presentation on going raw. Her husband was diagnosed with cancer (can't remember what kind) but he had gone through all the chemo and every treatment he could. The doctors sent him home to basically die because there was nothing else they could do for him. She started doing all kinds of research and found out the benefits of eating raw and started feeding him raw. She basically saved his life. His cancer went away - he is now the bishop, and their whole family is a raw family. They started a raw restaurant! It was fascinating talking to her! They take all their own foods when they travel and everything. I'd love to hear what you think of the noodles!
DeleteThanks Heidi! It really does take a effort to remember to eat enough veggies - fruits really aren't that hard to eat, for me anyways. Then to remember to use them all before they go bad is a struggle too! I'm constantly thinking - I have a ton of spinach and kale I need to use up - oh and that cabbage I just bought - don't forget about that! Does everyone worry about veggies so much?? lol! I'm sorry about your knee - that is my worst fear - getting an injury. I hope it can get worked out, I can't imagine how frustrating that must be.
ReplyDeleteStephanie - I added a photo of what we use. Yes, we do like it. I don't think anyone even notices a difference. Good luck! I think mixing it at first would be a good idea - kind of like making wheat bread and mixing half white flour with half wheat at first to get used to it!
Oh and Heidi - yes, I am still trying to loose a few more pounds. Thank you for your kind words. My height hides it well :) For my height it says anywhere from 140-175 is a normal weight range. I am at 156 and want to loose about 6 more pounds, but it is getting really hard to loose those last few pounds!
ReplyDeleteAhhh to be tall...you lucky girl:) I am 5'3 and 1/2...and I think I'm shrinking:)lol Don't get discouraged about those last pounds...it will come...especially with how well you take care of yourself!!! luvs!! OHHH and I have the same problem with my veggies going bad:(...I HATE that!!! Plus I live 20 minutes to the closest grocery store so it's so frustrating to plan dinner...go to the veggie drawer and find I waited TOO long to cook it!!! UGH!
Delete