So I entered a body transformation competition the beginning of January which goes til the beginning of June. I have been following a fitness program that started with weights only for the first month so you build muscle that helps burn more fat. The second month you add in cardio to start burning fat, and the third month you do high intensity cardio to keep the fat loss going.
The fitness program has had us switch from light cardio 6 days a week for 30-45 minutes last month to high intensity elliptical sprints only for 4 days of the week. I have been having a hard time getting all the cardio in since I am still having problems with my heart once in awhile doing it. I made it through 2 days of sprints last week and 2 this week. I have not had shin splints and have gotten through some of it (not as much as I would like, but some nonetheless) with only a little bit of difficult breathing and chest pains. I am glad that my health is still improving to be able to do cardio at all, and I am thrilled to say I lost another 5" last week from it (all off my hips, butt, and legs, which are my big problem areas)!
The best part about this program is that my "wings" are turning into muscle and my abs are coming back. I love it! Even if I don't win the contest, I am going to be in great shape this year and not be afraid of wearing a swimsuit this summer.
That is AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work!
What is wrong with your heart?
Awesome Rachael! So good to hear that your health is getting better and better.
ReplyDeleteAmber,
ReplyDeleteMy blood is thicker than it should be, so it puts more stress on my heart to pump it. Two years ago I was having a hard time even walking up a flight of stairs without being out of breath and having chest pains. I was also having problems with my kidneys so I was retaining a lot of water. Both of those are doing MUCH better now, but I can tell when I need to cleanse because my skin starts getting puffy again.