Drink MORE water
No Pop
This is kind of a cheater for me because I've been off it so long I really don't even like it anymore.
No Sweets Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday
NO BINGE on goodies conference weekend
This is huge for me...seems how I LOVE to bake..and of course eat what I bake...ESPECIALLY on Conference weekend. I'm still going to do both...but I am NOT going to OVER do it on the eating it ALL part....atleast that's my GOAL;)...."All things in MODERATION"...which means a lot of the baking must be given away or frozen...therefore much easier not to EAT.:)
No eating after 7:00 P.M. This has worked so WELL for me the past 4 years. At night is when I have the worst cravings for salty...sweet...Mmmmm anything not good for you stuff. When I cut out eating after 8:00 it made a WORLD of difference for me and for how I feel. It made such a huge difference that I moved it to 7:00...and I try to aim for that time if possible. I was never a huge breakfast person growing up...and my husband was shocked that most of the time I just skipped it. I grew up on a farm...and by the time we fed the animals it was time for school...plus we always worked late and sometimes dinner wasn't until late late late. Now that I don't eat after 7:00 I'm STARVING for breakfast. Therefore; it has completely switched that bad habit around for me. Who knew adults were telling the truth when they said, "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." I honestly feel SO much better because of this one change in my life. There are of course times that I cheat...like if my honey and I are on a date...or go to a movie or such....then I let myself enjoy. Or if we are at family gatherings etc. For the most part I try to stick to it though. It is definitely SO much easier if the spouse does this with you. One of the hardest things in the world is to sit and watch a movie and smell buttered popcorn...and not eat it...Or watch my hubby eat the yummy cookies I made that day with a glass of milk in front of me at like 10:00 at night!...Grrr Men and their metabolism:). I'm always so proud of myself in the morning though when I resist, what is probably the biggest temptation for me. It really is so much easier when he's resisting too:)lol I have found that this one goal helps me maintain my desired weight better then anything else.
Good luck to ALL of us on a brand new week!!! :)
Sounds like GREAT goals, Heidi! And it is nice to see you on here participating!
ReplyDeleteNo binging during conference is tricky for me. So good luck with all of your goals!
Thanks for the encouragement Amber:) Good luck with yours too!!! I love having to ANSWER for my goals:)
ReplyDelete