{Purpose of Blog!}

MOTIVATIONAL. INSPIRING. ENCOURAGING. HELPFUL. CHALLENGES. FRIENDSHIPS. STRENGTH. COMPASSION. DEDICATION. HARD WORK. BALANCE.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Comfort Zone

So a major comfort zone of mine is wearing jackets and hiding everything on my body. It has been my wardrobe for over 2 years. I have had a hard time breaking it and get very anxious if I wear anything else. I also had decided I would never go swimming let alone step into a swimming suit, but last night that changed for the sake of exercise. I had purchased a swimming suit a couple of weeks ago and it finally came. So last night my husband and I went swimming at the Orem Rec center for 45 minutes. I did not wear anything over my swimming suit! Usually, if I did go swimming, it would be shorts and a shirt over my swimming suit, but last night I stepped out of my comfort zone! I loved it. We swam laps for 45 minutes and I am feeling it big time today! I am so glad that motivation has finally come. I have been trying for so long to lose weight, but lacked the drive. I had tons of drive years ago during my eating disorder, but that will be for another post. So for my goals this wee I have stayed within my carb limits, drank over 72 ounces of water a day and have exercised for 45 minutes a day. Oh yea the best part I have lost 10 pounds, no joke. Thanks to the insulin medication and sticking to my low carb/eating right diet my body is beginning to work right!

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I also have a problem with swimming because it is not in my comfort zone. Thank you for the inspiration! I am so glad that things are going so well for you ! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Congrats on the 10lbs!! And, for wearing your swim suit in public!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so AWESOME Shauna. 10 pounds? I am so jealous. You are simply AMAZING! Keep up the good work! ;)

    ReplyDelete